Regardless if you kayak, canoe or paddle board, paddling on the Russian River is truly spectacular for all levels of experience. For example, you may see ospreys, bald eagles, kingfishers, great blue herons, cormorants, turtles, sea lions, steelhead and river otters. Paddling season is typically May through November with the autumn months having a fraction of the summer crowds.
- Our preferred place to launch (and swim) is Monte Rio Beach.
- Del Rio Woods to Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach – 1.5 to 2 hours
- Healdsburg Veterans Memorial Beach to Forestville River Access – 4 to 6 hours
- Steelhead Beach to Sunset Beach – 2 hours
- Steelhead Beach to Guerneville River Park – 4 to 5 hours
- Guerneville River Park to Monte Rio – 1.5 hours
- Monte Rio to the Highway 1 bridge in Jenner – 3-4 hours
*If traveling by canoe, add 1 to 2 hours to the kayak times.
If you are in need of a rental or would like to explore the Russian River with a guide, we suggest checking out Burke’s Canoe Trips, SUP Odyssey, King’s Sport and Tackle, River’s Edge